Intern, Raleigh Government Relations
The candidate will work with senior government affairs consultants to assist developing and implementing comprehensive government affairs strategies for our clients. Primary job responsibilities include monitoring and reporting on state government meetings, publishing newsletters, preparing research on policy issues, and drafting white papers and talking points.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and take detailed notes at legislative and non-legislative government meetings.
- Assist in drafting and publishing two weekly newsletters.
- Analyze current statutes, policy and attempted legislation in NC and other states as it relates to current prospective clients.
- Perform research on political and policy related questions assigned by the lobbying team. The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of North Carolina State Government, politics, and the legislative and regulatory processes.
In addition, the following skills are required:
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and proven ability to follow through.
- Ability to keep numerous projects on track.
- Strong team and relationship building skills.
- Must have strong abilities to work both independently and in group settings.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Power Point, Outlook, Excel, etc.) Education
- Upperclass undergraduate or graduate student majoring in government, political science, law, journalism, public relations, or a similar field.
- Experience in state government or some other political organization preferred (internships qualify).
- 30 hours/week paid hourly – please note paid internships do not qualify for class credit.
- Internship begins at the end of January and goes through the end of July.
How to Apply
- All applications must be submitted by 5:00 PM January 16, 2023.
- Please submit resume and cover letter to April Neumann at email@example.com “MWC Raleigh Intern” in the subject line. For questions, please contact April Neumann at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 306-9045.