Policy Engagement Coordinator
Public Shool Forum of North Carolina
For more than 35 years, the Public School Forum of North Carolina has worked with partners across the state to advance equitable educational opportunity and support public education through research, policy analysis, and innovative programs. In addition to its education research and policy work, the Forum is home to the NC Center for Afterschool Programs (NC CAP), the North Carolina Center for Resilience and Learning, and the Dudley Flood Center for Educational Equity and Opportunity (Flood Center).
The Forum’s Policy Team seeks a Policy Engagement Coordinator to contribute to its efforts to inform and engage stakeholders about education policy, conduct research and policy analysis, and advocate for equitable public schools. The Policy Engagement Coordinator will provide operational and logistical support to ensure efficient and high-quality implementation of Policy Team programs and events. The Policy Engagement Coordinator will also contribute to research and communications efforts and will contribute to other areas of the Forum’s policy work as needed. The Forum seeks a detail-oriented, flexible, driven team player with a deep commitment to ensure that all children have equitable access to a high-quality education. This position reports to the Senior Director of Policy and Research.
This full-time position would be ideal for an early career professional looking to make an immediate impact while building a strong network in the North Carolina education policy arena. The preferred start date for this position is early January 2023.
- Support event planning and coordination of local and statewide convenings related to education policy.
- Develop relationships and engage with education partners and stakeholders including students, parents, educators, business leaders, policymakers, community members, nonprofits and foundation leaders.
- Assist with coordinating the Forum’s NC Education Partners Program and the Education Policy Network.
- Support internal project and program management efforts to track progress towards strategic goals and help to maximize our impact.
- Work with the Forum’s communications team to draft and disseminate content about education policy and Forum publications and events; help to expand our reach and ensure that policy content is digestible and compelling.
- Track legislation, attend meetings, and maintain an understanding of education policy issues and developments at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Commitment to ensuring educational equity, access, and opportunity for all students.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills; self-starter; exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills; ability to work well with diverse groups of education stakeholders.
- Thrives in a team-driven, collaborative work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work on several simultaneous tasks and projects.
- Experience coordinating or managing virtual and in-person events.
- Computer, web, and social media proficiency. Experience with Zoom, Eventbrite, WordPress, iContact and Canva or related programs/platforms a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Knowledge of the education research and/or policy field.
- Knowledge of and/or experience working with students, families, and educators.
This is a full-time position, and the starting salary range for this professional level averages between $45,000-$50,000, depending on experience. The Public School Forum also offers the following benefits: a generous 401K retirement plan; personal leave policy, term life insurance, and employer sponsored group health insurance with access to dental, vision, short and long term disability plans. The Public School Forum of NC is a 35 year old nonprofit organization and not a state employer.
Position is located in the Triangle area of North Carolina and is a hybrid work arrangement. Occasional travel required. Background check required for employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
It is the policy of the Public School Forum to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Policy Engagement Coordinator.” January 2023 start date preferred, but open to part-time start during spring 2023 with fulltime start date May 2023.