Federal Affairs Manager
Carolinas Credit Union League
The Carolinas Credit Union League, with offices in Raleigh, NC and Columbia, SC, is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Federal Affairs Manager! In this position, you will play a central role in advancing and supporting the federal legislative and regulatory agenda of North and South Carolina credit unions and the Carolinas Credit Union League. Working in concert with and at the direction of the CCUL lobbying team, you will coordinate advocacy efforts for CCUL at the federal level. You will also work with the President/CEO and CCUL lobbying team to develop and execute the federal advocacy strategy for CCUL.
View the listing here: https://ccul.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=124
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Members of Congress, congressional staff, and other policy professionals in Washington, D.C. in support and promotion of CCUL’s advocacy agenda.
- Serve as primary organizer and point of contact for CCUL Hike the Hill (Capitol Hill trips) events and CCUL events related to the CUNA (national trade association) Governmental Affairs Conference, including managing hotel room block, scheduling meetings with members of Congress, building the agenda, coordinating receptions/meals, and more.
- Monitor hearings, conferences, meetings, and other congressional activities that impacts CCUL’s interests and provide information to CCUL lobbying team
- Develop and maintain routine internal communications on federal legislative and regulatory policy initiatives impacting credit unions.
- Provides federal content for weekly updates to League membership as needed
- Produce internal reports and presentations, when needed, including policy analyses
- Develop talking points and presentation for meetings with key stakeholders including legislators and regulators.
- Facilitate and schedule meetings with lawmakers (Washington and in-district) and preparing supporting materials for those meeting.
- Maintains strong relationship with CUNA lobbying and political affairs team and with other league governmental affairs professionals
- Other duties as assigned
- Understanding of the legislative process and the intersection between policy and politics;
- Strong analytic and communications skills, able to articulate complex concepts in a concise and compelling manner;
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, think creatively, and execute successfully;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively;
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, team environment with tight deadlines;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field;
- 3 - 5 years of policy, government relations, advocacy, or other relevant experience; Prior work in a congressional office or in the executive branch strongly preferred.
For immediate consideration, please send cover letter and resume.
Contact: Andrea Williams (800) 822-8859, ext. 550 | email@example.com