Advocacy Coordinator, Governmental Relations
North Carolina School Boards Association (NCSBA)
The ideal candidate is proactive, detail-oriented, and has strong writing, research, and multitasking skills. This is a full-time position based in Raleigh, with the possibility of working remotely up to two days per week. If interested, please send a resume AND cover letter.
- Identify and track NC bills impacting public education
- Research and draft communications, including issue briefs, weekly legislative updates, action alerts, and memos
- Coordinate membership advocacy efforts
- Prepare and deliver presentations to internal staff
- Monitor and analyze state agency activity on education-related issues
- Engage with school board members and district staff
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to digest complex material and clearly summarize information under deadlines.
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Team player
- Interest in politics and familiarity with the legislative process is strongly preferred
Salary is commensurate with experience. NCSBA has an excellent benefits package, including a generous pension contribution, paid sick and vacation leave, and health, vision, dental, and wellness benefits.
Bruce Mildwurf: email@example.com