Carolinas Credit Union League
The Carolinas Credit Union League, with office in Raleigh, NC and Columbia, SC , is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Advocacy Specialist. As our Advocacy Specialist, you will support activities related to day-to-day operations of the Advocacy Team. Primary areas of work include assisting with Political Action Committee (PAC) fundraising, organizing grassroots campaigns, planning meetings and conferences, and supporting advocacy related communications efforts. You will also work closely with the Advocacy Team on administering the PAC, growing PAC contributions, streamlining the participation process, organizing solicitation events, and executing communications materials to the PAC membership. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to participate in advocacy activities in support of federal and state government affairs priorities.
View the position here: https://ccul.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=123
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with Advocacy Team on PAC solicitation events and PAC meetings specific to each state
- Assists with raising money for the Political Action Committee.
- Works with participating credit unions, the League’s accounting team and PAC reporting vendor to ensure accurate record keeping and timely filing of state and federal PAC reports.
- Serves as the League’s point of contact for members who support the PAC, including providing updates and reports to credit unions as determined by Advocacy Team.
- Coordinates PAC recognition program for CCUL and serves as point of contact for CULAC recognition program administered through CUNA.
- Assists government affairs team by managing political grassroots campaigns, including preparing grassroots communications via Voter Voice platform
- Manages and grows grassroots data base via software
- Serves as point of contact for Project Zip Code and provides district reports for use by Advocacy Team as needed
- Assist Advocacy Team with organizing annual Hike the Hill and CUNA Governmental Affairs Conference trips and other political affairs events and meetings as needed.
- Identifies communication needs and works with COMMS/PR team to reach target audiences regarding advocacy activities, PAC solicitations and other events.
- Provides administrative support for the Advocacy Team as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Collaborate well with others
- Strong oral and written communication
- Familiarity with excel and comfort level with spreadsheets and numbers
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- At least 3 years’ experience in marketing, governmental affairs, or public affairs; credit union experience a plus.
- Experience working with political action committees or campaign fundraising is highly desired.
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn computer software for grassroots and PAC purposes.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
For immediate consideration, please send cover letter and resume.
Contact: Contact: Andrea Williams (800) 822-8859, ext. 550 | firstname.lastname@example.org