SVP, Advocacy and Public Affairs
Charlotte Regional Business Alliance
Responsible for providing leadership and direction in developing and executing strategy for the Alliance’s advocacy platform in order to expand the organization’s visibility, relevancy, and effectiveness on key issues that will drive a positive, inclusive, and successful business environment for the Charlotte Region:
- Identify, build, and sustain strategic partnerships with investors, the region’s businesses, industry associations, coalitions, and special interest groups, as well as grassroots networks and organizations that are counter to established Alliance goals.
- Guide strategy, development, and execution of policy initiatives with regional significance (i.e., infrastructure to include transportation/mobility, water, 5G/IoT/AI, housing; education and workforce development; innovation; sustainability; systems governance).
- Direct campaign strategy and implementation for ballot referendums related to Community Investment Programs and Transportation funding.
- Serve as senior point of contact for Executive Branch, Congressional and Agency Officials, Governors, and other state/local leaders; inform and educate local, state, and federal officials of the Foundation initiatives, including them as appropriate.
- Work with economic research team to benchmark region’s business climate against competitive peer/metro set; study and articulate market strengths and gaps, and work with partners to co-develop solutions that better position the Charlotte region for competitiveness.
- Develop advocacy communications to keep Alliance investors informed and advance visibility of the region’s business community agenda.
- Support President/CEO by serving as secondary spokesperson for the Alliance with media.
- Serve as senior-level leader to assure ongoing collaboration among Alliance strategic pillars and departments and strengthening partnerships with key stakeholders in the community.
- Lead operational, resource planning and management activities for Advocacy team, including oversight of two professional staff members.
- Provide recommendations to the CEO during budget planning and management processes to ensure resources are allocated in accordance with vision and strategy.