North Carolina League of Municipalities (NCLM)
The North Carolina League of Municipalities (NCLM) is a service and advocacy organization representing nearly every city and town in North Carolina.
NCLM is recruiting for a Grassroots Associate, who will be responsible the following, but not limited to:
- Creating and executing outreach campaigns aimed to effectively engage the League membership in necessary advocacy efforts.
- Developing relationships with League members, partners, and legislators in order to further statewide legislative goals; educate League members and partners on the League’s statewide legislative issues and initiatives and how they can effectively help with Legislative advocacy; take leadership role in the PGA teams’ membership programming and lead or contribute to other internal team initiatives.
- Attend events of League affiliates and other relevant organizations as assigned in order to further strategic grassroots efforts.
- Aiding in the coordination of the Government Affairs teams’ membership programming and contribute to other internal team events and initiatives.
- Aiding in the team’s execution of all membership programs for which it has responsibility including events such as legislative receptions, Town and State dinners, district visits with League members with their legislators and other outreach initiatives
- Serve as staff lead to at least one affiliate organization for the League including helping the organization grow and maintain membership and planning all events and programming for the organization.
- Strategize and execute ways this affiliate and others can participate in grassroots activities to help meet statewide league wide goals and help elected leaders be thought leaders for the state by positioning them in key roles in advocacy campaigns, all in coordination with the PGA team.
Minimum Qualifications: Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 1-3 years of direct experience. Skills/Certifications/License. Selected candidate must have great interpersonal and communication skills. Experience with MS Office programs.
Click HERE to Apply